Premium Escargot Wild Burgundy Snails (8 Dozen Very Large)
Brand: Escargots de Bourgogne Sauvages
- EXCLUSIVE IMPORTER OF HELIX POMATIA LINNE – The Wild Burgundy Snail has long been a culinary delight of famed restaurants and gourmands around the world. The Helix Pomatia Linne is famed as the highest quality escargot of the 116 varieties and is now available exclusively form Sarl Henri Maire and La Maison De L’Escargot. With exclusive rights to import these Wild Burgundy Snails, you will not find a better escargot anywhere in North America.
- VERSATILE IN THE HOME KITCHEN – Wild Burgundy Snails are not only used for escargot. As a tasty and highly versatile protein they can be used in pastas, soups, salads, dumplings, kabobs, and as a topping to many fishes and other meats. Featured in Tom Keller’s Bouchon Cookbook, they are a favorite of many chefs around the world.
- WILD NEVER FARMED – Our snails are wild caught and never farmed, exclusively from the Burgundy region of France and famed for their taste, quality, and size. They are harvested in the wild and delivered live where they are hand sorted by size, washed, and prepared using a method dating back to the ancestral French standards perfected since 1938.
- SUSTAINABLE – Long term Wild Burgundy Snail sustainability is important to us. Our harvest is conducted annually during April & May as the snails emerge from hibernation. This harvest has been practiced for centuries dating back to Roman times to protect these wonderful creatures from over harvesting. We also take care to restrict harvesting size to ensure future reproduction and population size. Through these various efforts and others, the International Union for Conservation of Nature (
- HEALTHY PROTEIN – Compared to Filet Mignon Beef, Wild Burgundy Snails contain up to 1/10th the saturated fat and 48x the calcium! A fully healthy protein, these escargots are also super high in calcium, copper, and zinc and are delightfully rich in flavor to boot!
Details: The Wild Burgundy Snail has long been a favorite of many chefs the world over. And the Helix Pomatia Linne is the “Kobe Beef” of the 116 varieties of the Helix snail. Harvested live in the wild regions of Burgundy, this snail is exclusively imported by Potironne to North America. Used in over 1,000 award winning restaurants in the U.S., these delicious snails are now available exclusively through Potironne from the famed Sarl Henri Maire and La Maison De L’Escargot. Amazingly versatile from their famed use in Escargot, they can also be used in pastas, soups, salads, and as garnishes in a virtually limitless range of uses. High in protein and calcium, Wild Burgundy Snails are a true culinary treasure now available to the home chef!
Package Dimensions: 4.5 x 4.0 x 3.9 inches