Matiz Sofrito, Traditional Valenciano Paella Base, Family Recipe, 12.3 Ounce
- KEY INGREDIENT FOR AUTHENTIC PAELLA: Add to your paella pan just prior to adding the rice and other ingredients.
- HANDMADE WITH TIME: This gorgeous Matiz Sofrito is made with tomatoes that are slow roasted in olive oil for over three hours allowing you the perfect paella in much less time.
- FAMILY RECIPE: This recipe has been passed down from generation to generation and rely on fresh local produce. The first of the family sauces to be shared with “outsiders” hit the market in 1989, and in 2000 the family company was able to open their first production plant to keep up with market demand while retaining all of the flavor and quality of those home-made farmstead sauces.
- OTHER USES TOO: It’s ideal as a sauce for meats, fish, eggs, and pasta, bruschetta, bases for soups, and makes a great base for cioppino
- EASY TO PRONOUNCE INGREDIENTS: Tomatoes, Cane Sugar, Olive Oil, Onion, Garlic and Salt
Details: This hand-made sauce is your first step to an authentic paella. We work with the small family producer Estilo Kiki in Valencia, Spain to bring you this gorgeous Matiz Sofrito. Their handmade sofrito is the first step to an authentic paella. The tomatoes have been slow roasted in olive oil for over three hours, producing a flavorful shortcut to making paella in much less time. The sofrito can be added to the paella pan just prior to adding the rice and other ingredients. It’s also ideal as a sauce for meats, fish, eggs, and pasta, and makes a great base for cioppino. This producer has been making tomato-based sauces in the region of Valencia for over 25 years. The recipes have been passed down through the generations, and their core principles of fresh, all-natural ingredients have remained the same.
Package Dimensions: 8.7 x 4.8 x 3.9 inches