Prague 1493 Historical Map
7 1/2" x 20 3/4" . Published in 1493, Hartman Schedel's "Liber Cronicarum" - also known as the Nuremberg Chronicle - displays this Bohemian center on both sides of the Vltava. Originally two castles and their respective civil towns were built on the high ground on either side of the river. Expansion continued at the ends of the bridges connecting them and new towns and suburbs filled-in the surrounding valleys, punctuated by the medieval towers and spires. Black & White, Cover-stock Paper.